Skip to main content

2sd day in Tunisia

After a good sleep I woke up at 8 am with much energy and excitement. I opened my eyes I didn't know what to expect.

I opened windows and took a long breath. Then, went up to see the beach and to enjoy the view. In Gabes you will notice is build are so simple with old arabic touch, white and open. It seems so quiet, calm and people are not in harry. Seems like no one works.

Wiem comes with more gifts this time sweets, but I didn't do any grocery yet so I have no milk or coffee. We start walking in neighborhood and my first conversation with locals was to ask for a coffee and cost 1DT. I start my day with Wiem where we went to university. I was trying to memorize all roads, places and directions.

Gabes is not big to get lost, Chantech was the first road we took, In this road you will find all what you need such as Carrefour, YaToo, 707 and volkswagen and much more. Then, we arrived to hay amel. This neighbourhood is not quiet as EP house, I saw much movement and people buying and selling with many coffees around. Also, there is big university but it's not all in one place where you enter big door and you find all faculties but I was surprised that each faculty as its own building then you see houses between faculties.

Each faculty has its own design and structure, faculty of science is the biggest and popular among them all, students are proud to join this faculty. There are also private universities which is a big thing here and students who study in private faculties are more special and prioritize to find jobs and to get better understanding of subjects.

Dishes in Tunisia has weird names so try to order something you already familiar with. Because I will talk much about food in another article. I ordered malawi chawarema cost 3DT took it with me and when back home. I was still feeling tired of travel.


I took a taxi back home alone. I know only one way back home but taxi driver took another road. I didn't want to be used. I told him that I know the other road. Taxi driver was nice to me and told me that it's the same. I told him that I paid 2DT from my house to hay Amel. The ride back cost 2.7DT. But Taxi driver was nice to me and ask me to paid only 2DT.

After I went back home I took a look in maps, I found that the taxi driver was sweet and try to took short road. " I am sorry for thinking like this TAXI DRIVER "

NEXT: 3rd day in Tunisia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th Day in Tunisia

I woke as usually at 8am and getting ready to start my day. Make coffee for both of us and went to wakes him up. The sweet that Wiem get it to me as amazing and I enjoyed every bite. Moving out walking we meet neighbour that Belhassan knows. He introduce me to her but her poppy was angry. She seemed classy and handling herself. We continue our walk to our destination. It was special day because it was the first time I took the bus after 30 mins of waiting. I realized that bus is a huge problem. We went in road that I took by night when I arrived first time I didn't remember a lot about the road but I notice the train station. Our destination was souk jara to meet someone. Souk jara is the second big place in Gabes. I was asking about names of coffees because it's a big thing here. PS: if you remember coffies name you will never be lost. station was close to language faculty. just few meters away you will find yourself in middle of souk jara. in other side you will f

Traditional wedding in south of Tunisia

After one week here in Tunisia. I realized that at this time of the year weather you can see four seasons in one day. I get lost trying to wear something for the whole day. I look to weather app on my phone each morning try to customize on weather and for how long I will stay out. As I have one week here, I can say that I still don't know much about Gabes. I heard some names about places that I have to visit such as Chenini, Matemata, Gsour in mednine and many many more. With much excitement and motivation I was waiting for any opportunity to visit those places. It was weekend I had nothing to do. After a long walk in gabes with Omar. His friend invites us to wedding. I accept to the invitation of wedding in Bouchama of two brothers ( Houssem & Oussama). Bouchama, is not so far. Who lives there has old traditional way for wedding and life in general. The wedding there is for 3 days. I attended the first and second day of wedding. The first day is all about dancing and

Good friend

Days pass by and each day was more exciting than the previous day. In the middle of my journey, I was able to see all visit many places, meet many people students, business men, young and old. One morning I was walking as usual to work. Life had giving me such an amazing opportunity to meet a special people, a good person. I was a bit sick when I met him because I tried every food possible. He offered a ride. I initiate the talk by introducing myself. Then, my room mate and finally this amazing person introduce himself. The ride was not that long to talk about everything. I gave him my business card but didn't expect him to call me at all. After an hour, He added me to facebook and ask me when can we meet and continue our talk. As much as I was surprise as much as I was excited to meet him again. We agreed to meet in evening. I think I was talking too much and fast. But we understand each others from different angle, because of my little background on business I had such a pl